St. Nicholas C of E VA Primary School, Governing Body
The Governors of a school have a similar role as company directors in business. Their main responsibilities are to maintain and improve school standards of education and achievement, they are also involved in varying levels of the management or have an overview of:
- School policies
- Interviewing/selection of staff
- School budgets
- Strategic school planning
- Monitoring the school effectiveness
- Ensuring the school visions and values are upheld
- Promoting the interests of the school, staff and children
As a Church School our Governing Body is made up of the following groups:
- Headteacher and Staff Governors
- Parent Governors - nominated and elected by parents, appointed by Governing Body
- Foundation Governors - appointed by Salisbury Diocese and of practising Faith
- Co-opted Governors - appointed by the Governing Body for their particular expertise
- Associate Governors - appointed by the Governing Body to serve on selected committee for a specific purpose due to their expertise.
Governors are expected to attend all Full Governing Meetings which take place 4 times a year. In addition Governors are allocated to a committee most suited to their skill set and these meeting are held 3 times a year.